Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum Review
Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum Review
The Botvac Series of robotic vacuums were first introduced last year and they have quickly added new models since. The new Botvac D80 model is very similar to the Botvac D85 if you are familiar with that robot. The only significant difference between the two models is that the D80 robotic vacuum does not come with extra filters included.
The biggest advancement of the new Neato D80 model is the new brush system that allows the robot to operate on hardwood floors quietly. This is a big improvement because the previous version was quite loud and annoying. Other than this awesome improvement, not much else has changed between the new model and its predecessors.
NOTE: If you just want to buy the Neato Botvac D80 Robotic Vacuum you can do so by clicking here or the link below and be able to get it at a great price.
If you are still here and unsure if this is the right vacuum robot for you, we will take a closer look below to help you decide.
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Neato Botvac D80.
- 1 Main Features of the Botvac D80
- 2 Highlights of the Botvac D80
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Botvac D80
• LaserSmart mapping and navigation system scans and maps the room, plans, and methodically cleans instead of bumping around.
• D-Shape design with CornerClever technology gets close to walls and into corners. Maximum hair pickup. Picks up more pet hair than other bots.
• SpinFlow Power Clean combines potent suction and precision brushes to leave floors immaculately clean. Includes both combo brush, spiral blade brush, and side brush.
• Auto-Charge & Resume lets your robot clean room to room; when it needs more power, it automatically returns to charge, then returns to where it left off & finishes the job.
• Kindly refer the user manual given below for product information.
Highlights of the Botvac D80
The combination side spinning and roll brush system is designed specifically for picking up pet hair on the floor and carpet which makes this robot a great choice if you have pets or allergies. The brush system is especially effective on hardwood and tile floors.
Neato also uses their laser-guided system to scan a room in order to map out the route it will take to clean. This allows it to clean in an organized and efficient manner to complete one room before moving on to the next. This is due to Neato’s patented Botvision technology which combines the laser scanning capability with both room mapping and obstacle detection features so it can clean a room faster than its competition. This really sets the Botvac D80 apart from the other robotic vacuums in the same price range.
The control panel is very intuitive and easy to use allowing first time users to get their Botvac D80 set up fast. You can schedule the cleanings to be done ahead of time. You can even set it up to do spot cleaning in specific areas that need it done more often like high traffic areas that tend to get dirtier than other areas of the room.
When the D80 has a low battery and needs to recharge it will automatically return to its docking station and then pick up cleaning where it left off when it is ready to go again. One complain that we have heard about the D80 is that it does not come with a remote control, but we don’t really see a need for it with this robotic device.
In order to keep the Neato D80 in a specific area you use the magnetic boundary markers around the room. This will quickly keep the vacuum robot in a specified area and away from areas that it shouldn’t go into.
The Neato Botvac D80 Vacuum Cleaner has a great battery life and recharges very quickly. The design shape also allows it to get into and clean corners of the room much better than its competition.
The robotic vacuum is designed to use a large filter which allows it to capture more of the debris and dirt on the floor. Just remember to change the filter in order to maintain the effectiveness of your vacuum (usually once or twice a year). This new high performance filter makes the Botvac D80 excellent at picking up both large and small debris, as well as pet dander which makes it an excellent choice for you if you have allergies.
As with all robotic devices, the Botvac D80 has some pros and cons that you should consider before making your buying decision. We will discuss both of these below so that you can easily decide if this robot is the right one for you.
Pros to Consider
• The new and improved dual brush system makes the robot more efficient and quieter than its predecessors.
• Neato fixed the ball bearing problem that users complained about on the previous Botvac vacuums because pet hair would build up and get clogged.
• The fact that the Botvac D80 uses a larger filters allows them to be changed less often which makes having to maintain the device much easier for you.
• The navigation system enables the robotic vacuum to map out and avoid any obstacles very effectively because it is laser guided.
• The touch screen interface is extremely easy to use allowing you to set it and forget it because the cleaning schedule is programmed in and then the robot automatically cleans when and where it is needed.
• The D-shape design of the robot makes it more effective than the competition at cleaning the edges and corners, which are some of the most difficult areas for robots to get into and clean.
• The Botvac D80 is very good at cleaning dust, pet hair, and pet dander making it one of the best choices on the market for both pet owners and those who suffer from allergies.
Cons to Consider
• The Botvac D80 does not come with a remote control like most of its competitors do.
• You do not have the option to use WiFi control options like you do on other vacuums such as the Roomba 980.
• While the Botvac D80 is much quieter than previous versions in the series it is still louder than other models out there.
Our Final Verdict
Although the Neato Botvac D80 does have a few cons against it, overall it is a powerful robotic vacuum that can efficiently clean various floor types successfully. It can get its job done all over the house without any interaction from us, which is definitely what we want in a cleaning robot.
With the enhancements and new features that Neato has integrated into this new model we believe this is the best Botvac vacuum so far. While it doesn’t come with some of the more advanced technological capabilities that the high end robotic vacuums do, for the price point it can’t be beat.