iRobot Scooba 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot Review
iRobot Scooba 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot Review
The iRobot Scooba 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot is the latest release by the company. Although, the Scooba series is not as popular as the Roomba series it is fast becoming next best thing.
For customers who want a mop and not just a vacuum they are quickly deciding that the Scooba 450 is the one they want.
The 450 has some updates and features that the previous models do not. We know it can be difficult to decide which one is the right choice and if the new enhancements are worth the money. We hope that our review will help you make the decision easier.
NOTE: You may just want to buy the Scooba 450 right now. If so, you can click here or the link below to purchase it from Amazon.com.
However, if you would like more information before deciding than you are in the right place. Let’s take a closer look at what all this compact scrubbing mop can offer you.
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Scooba 450.
- 1 Main Features of the Scooba 450
- 2 Highlights of the Scooba 450
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Scooba 450
- 3-cycle cleaning process pre-soaks, scrubs and squeegee finishes to remove up to 99.3% of common household bacteria
- Dual-compartment tank keeps clean and dirty water separated, keeping dirty water off your floors
- Choose from a 40-minute cycle, or a 20-minute cycle for smaller spaces
- Tank is easy to fill and drain, Avoids stairs and other drop-offs.
- Kindly refer to the video and the user manual given for troubleshooting steps also keep your device updated to the latest software update for better performance.
Highlights of the Scooba 450
The new 3-Stage Cleaning Cycle has revolutionized the cleaning technology of both the new Scooba 450 and the Roomba 880. It is being marketed as 3 times more effective in cleaning and picking up dirt and debris over the previous models. We think this is one of the major selling points for these new devices. We have noticed a difference in the end result between these new models and the previous versions.
Another new feature that the Scooba 450 features is an “info” button you can press that will display the status of different features such as the progress of the current cleaning cycle and the current battery level of the robot.
As with all robotic devices, the Scooba 450 has many pros and cons that you should consider before buying it. We will discuss both of these below so that you can make a better buying decision when it comes to choosing which device is the best one for you.
Pros to Consider
- The iRobot Scooba 450 Scrubbing Mop is very user friendly. Although they have added some advanced features the control panel is very simple to use. Starting your robot is as easy as touching a button. The interface of the Scooba 450 is very intuitive to use so you should not have any difficulty when you buy it. This is one of the easiest robots to use, even if you hate reading instruction manuals.
- Although this feature is not new to the 450 it still remains one of the selling points of this series. The Advanced Water Cycling System makes sure that your Scooba is always cleaning with clean water because it separates the clean and dirty water into two different tanks. This is a great feature that most of the competition does not have. This is one thing we always hate about manually mopping is the fact that the water is dirty by the time you are done and you feel like you are mopping your floors with it. Can they really be that clean if you are spreading dirty water all over them? You no longer have to worry about that if you have this device.
- The Scooba 450 also allows you to choose between two cleaning modes. You can decide if you want it to clean with a 40-minute cycle for larger rooms or the 20-minute cycle for smaller rooms. Unlike the Roomba, the Scooba does not determine how dirty the room is it just cleans for a certain amount of time. This means if you are cleaning a smaller room, but it is pretty dirty you will want to choose the 40-minute cycle to give it longer to clean the room. Hopefully, in the future the Scooba series will follow in the footsteps of the Roomba series. For now you will have to decide which cleaning mode it should use. It’s not a major problem, but still one step more than we think you should have to do.
Cons to Consider
- The Scooba 450 may be more compact than previous versions but it is still more bulky than we would like. While the robot seems to fit under most furniture we do hear of problems from some users that it gets stuck sometimes. While iRobot is doing a decent job and each new release gets a little better this is something you should consider before buying one.
- While we love that iRobot has designed a drying dock for the Scooba 450, we don’t like that you have to buy it separately. The drying dock is a great feature because it not only dries your robot after it’s been used, but it will charge it at the same time. This isn’t a must have, but most users will want to have it. While the price of one won’t break the bank on its own, adding it to the total cost of the Scooba Floor Mop just makes it that much more expensive to own.
- Which leads us to our last con that you should consider, the price. We often hear complaints about the price of each new release by iRobot. The Scooba 450 is no different. While we think this device is worth the money, we also know that it is out of range for some people and should be a consideration before you decide if you need it. If the Scooba 450 is too rich for your blood, we suggest you take a look at the older models such as the Scooba 390.
Our Final Verdict
The new release by iRobot with the Scooba 450 Scrubbing Mop is very exciting for us. We believe that just as the Roomba series has revolutionized the vacuum industry, the Scooba series will do the same for mopping. However, we know that it can get confusing with all of the different types of robots on the market today.
To make your decision a little easier we will give you a quick overview of each type of device. If you are looking for a robotic vacuum then we suggest either the Roomba series by iRobot or one of the Neato robots.
However, if you are looking for a robotic floor mop then you need to know there are two different kinds to choose from. The first is a dry mop. The dry mop is meant to be used for quick, light cleaning around the house. It is more for someone who just wants to maintain their floors in between the thorough cleaning jobs they do manually. If this is what you are looking for then the Scooba 450 is not for you. You will want to check out the Braava series by iRobot.
The Scooba 450 is considered a wet mop which means that it does a more thorough job of cleaning the floor. It will not only pick up the dirt and debris on the floor, but will also disinfect it getting rid of most of the germs that you can’t see. If this is what you are looking for then you don’t have as many choices. The only real competition that the Scooba 450 has today is the earlier models in the Scooba series. If the price for this device is too high then again we suggest you check out the Scooba 390 as a more affordable alternative. Just be aware that it does not offer as many features as the new model does.