iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaner Review
iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaner Review
The iRobot Roomba 770 Vacuum cleans the house for you. There’s nothing like being able to just touch one button and have all of your vacuuming done while you get to relax and enjoy your life. This vacuum will work on all types of flooring from carpet to tile and hardwood.
Often times vacuums seem to be picking up all of the dirt and debris off of the floors, but when you really look closely you come to realize they are doing nothing more than just re-circulating it back out into the air. The Roomba 770, on the other hand, collects and captures all of it so that you get a clean and fresh home when it is done.
NOTE: Before we get to our full review of the iRobot Roomba 770, you may have arrived on this page ready to buy this vacuum. If so, you can click HERE or the link below and go straight through to Amazon.com to purchase it.
However, if you are still undecided about this vacuum and want more information you are in the right place. Let’s take a closer look…
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Roomba 770.
- 1 Main Features of the Roomba 770
- 2 Highlights of the Roomba 770
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Roomba 770
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Dirt Detect Series II identifies dirtier areas and focuses cleaning where its needed most
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically dock and recharges, adjust to all floor types
Highlights of the Roomba 770
The Roomba 770 has a dust bin that will pull any hair it captures off of its brushes and into the bin. This saves you a lot of time and hassle because most vacuums, traditional and robotic alike, requires you to manually pull the hair off and clean the brushes. This is a great feature on the Roomba vacuum.
The Pre-Scheduling system allows you to schedule your robot to clean ahead of time so that it will clean while you are gone. You can schedule your Roomba to clean up to 7 times per week without having to think about it. It is a complete set it and forget it system which makes cleaning your home more efficient and stress-free.
The Roomba 770 has a 3-stage cleaning system that lifts even the toughest dirt from your carpet, hardwood, and tile floors. It also has spinning side brushes that act as a broom and dust pan picking up and sweeping the debris and dust that gather along the edge of the room.
The self-adjusting sensors will detect the level of dirt so that the Roomba will spend more time in the dirtiest areas ensuring the floor gets cleaned evenly each time it does its thing.
This vacuum is great if you have pets or allergies because it is designed with dual HEPA filters that capture dirt, dust, and pet dander which is difficult for most vacuums to deal with successfully. The not only gets your floors cleaner, but also the air you breathe in your home.
A great perk to buying this Roomba is the warranty that it has. The Roomba has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return it within the 30 day period for a full refund. It also comes with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty for added peace of mind.
As with the other robotic vacuums on the market, the Roomba 770 has many pros and cons that you should consider before buying it. We will discuss both of these below so that you can make a better decision when it comes to choosing which vacuum is the best one for you.
Pros to Consider
- The control panel on the Roomba is very simple to use, it only takes the touch of a button to have your robot working for you.
- When the battery becomes low on the Roomba it will automatically return itself to the docking station to recharge for future use.
- There is an indicator that lets you know when the dust bin is full so that you can empty it and get it back on its way to finish its job for you.
- The 3-stage cleaning system makes sure that all of the dirt and debris is fully clean. The Roomba knows to spend more time in the dirtier areas and really scrub the floors when needed. This allows it to achieve the deep cleaning that you are looking for in a robotic vacuum.
- It not only cleans the floors, but also the wall edges along the floor, the bottom of the curtains, and under the furniture…which let’s be honest is more than most of us do on a consistent basis.
- The dual HEPA filter traps all of the dust and dander from the floor creating a cleaner environment for allergy sufferers.
- The Roomba 770 Vacuum Cleaner allows you to clean one room at a time or multiple rooms at once depending on how you program it to clean.
- As stated before you can schedule this Roomba to clean up to 7 times per week without having to go back and set it up. This is great for busy people who don’t have time to constantly worry about their cleaning schedule. We love that we can just set it and forget it and the cleaning for the week gets done without us.
- The 30-day money back guarantee and the 1-year warranty is an added incentive to purchase this vacuum.
Cons to Consider
- For the size of this vacuum it tends to be quite loud. This makes it difficult to use while focusing on other things at home. It is best to schedule it to clean when you are gone. However, this prevents you from helping it out when it gets stuck or an error occurs while it is cleaning.
- This Roomba tends to get lost on the way back to its docking station. This means that you have to manually place back in order for it to charge and be ready to go next time. This is an unnecessary inconvenience and one we hope iRobot will correct in future releases.
- The manual that comes with the vacuum is in a CD form which is a hassle to use if you need information on how it works or to fix any problems that arise. We wish it would come in a book form to make it easier to use.
- The dust bin could be bigger so that the robot could collect more dirt before it needs to be empty. The bin tends to fill up pretty quickly and this makes the Roomba less efficient when it cleans because you will always be right there to empty it when it needs to be done.
Our Final Verdict
The Roomba 770 is one of the best robotic vacuums on the market when it comes to both effectiveness and the value you get from it. It has the 3-stage cleaning system that many of the other vacuums out there do not. It will also continue cleaning where it left off after it has finished recharging which is a great feature than many of the other vacuums do not have, at least not yet. Many of the competitors also do not have the capability to program your robots cleaning ahead of time which saves you lots of time and energy. For these reasons we think this is a great option if you want an effective robotic vacuum without breaking the bank.
However, before you make your final decision there are a couple of other options for you to consider. The first is the Braava vacuums. These are a great choice if you are looking for a wet and dry floor cleaner. However, these act more like mops and less like vacuums because they have a tough time picking up larger particles of debris. However, if your floors stay relatively clean and you like the added mop feature these come with then they are a better choice for you.
The other option you should look at is the Roomba 860. This robot comes with some additional features that the 770 model does not have and is not that much higher in price than the 770. If you are a value buyer, but want a little more than what the 770 can offer you then we highly recommend checking out the Roomba 860. However, if you don’t need anything more than what we described to you on this page, then the 770 is probably the right choice for you.