iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot Review
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Mopping Robot Review
While iRobot is best known for their Roomba robotic vacuums, they now have a successful line of floor mopping robots as well. While there is tons of competition in the robotic vacuum market, they really stand out in the robotic floor mopping space. They are far ahead of all of the other brands to the point where in some cases they only have the other models in the series as true competition.
There newest release in the Braava series of floor mops is the Braava Jet 240 Floor Mop. Our goal for this review is to give an in depth write-up of this model, as well as tell you how it compares to its predecessors.
It’s important to also note how the Braava series compares to the Scooba series so that you can decide which type of floor mop is the right one for your home and needs.
NOTE: If you already know that the Braava Jet 240 is the right choice for you and just want to buy it you can click here or the link below to purchase it now from Amazon.com.
However, if you are still unsure about which device is right for you then keep reading as we take a closer look at the Braava Jet 240.
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Braava Jet 240.
- 1 Main Features of the Braava Jet 240
- 2 Highlights of the Braava Jet 240
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Braava Jet 240
- Mops and sweeps hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone in kitchens, bathrooms, and other small spaces
- Gets into hard-to-reach places, including under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets
- Precision Jet Spray and Vibrating Cleaning Head tackle dirt and stains such as dried coffee and soda
- Automatically selects the correct cleaning mode based on Braava jet pad type, choose from wet mopping, damp sweeping and dry sweeping
- Wont harm or spray walls or furniture, and avoids stairs and riding up on rugs
Highlights of the Braava Jet 240
The Braava Jet 240 features three distinct cleaning modes, rather than the two modes that the previous versions offered you. The three modes are dry sweeping to collect the dirt and dust on the floor, wet mopping which is your deep cleaning solution, and damp cleaning for a gentle cleaning option. The damp cleaning mode is great for hardwood floors because it uses less water so it limits the damage that other models can do to them.
The robot also features three types of cleaning pads to go along with each cleaning mode. This optimizes the performance of your device for each task that needs to be done.
This new model features a precision jet spray, rather than the pro-clean system that the older models used. It also has a cleaning head that vibrates to help scrub and get a deeper cleaning job done than some other models in the line.
The Braava Jet is fully automated and uses a patented navigational technology to map even the most complicated of floor plans. It also has bumpers to help it navigate around any obstacles that it may come across while it mops the floor.
An exciting new feature that the Braava Jet 240 features is the built in Virtual Wall. Where the older models used an external device to set the boundaries for each cleaning cycle, this robot has a built in feature to create a virtual wall. You just have to simply push a button and it will create an invisible boundary line to keep it cleaning within the parameters that you set.
You will also notice right away that this new release has a different design than the other Braava robots. While the new design is bulkier than the others it has an ergonomic handle that makes it easier to handle and move around from room to room.
As with all robotic devices, the Braava Jet 240 has some pros and cons that you should consider before making your buying decision. We will discuss both of these below so that you can easily decide if this robot is the right one for you.
Pros to Consider
- The iRobot Braava Jet 240 is the perfect choice for your robotic floor mop is you have hardwood floors. Previous models could not be used often on them because of the damage that they could cause to them. However, with the new damp cleaning mode this is the perfect solution to this problem.
- Due to the fact that the Braava Jet has the precision spray technology it cleans better than previous models, including the Braava 380. Although, it is important to note that while it does clean better it covers less area per cleaning cycle. Therefore, you have decide which is more important to you.
- We like that the Jet mop has a built in virtual wall making it more convenient and doesn’t clutter your home with external devices in order to work. This also makes it easier to move from room to room because it is just one compact device.
- The new Braava is very quiet when it is running. One complaint we often hear regarding the robotic cleaning vacuums is how noisy they can be. You don’t have to worry about that with this robot. You can fall asleep or enjoy your evening as it is doing its job around you.
- The Braava Jet 240 is priced to attract first time buys. Unlike many new releases from iRobot which can be very expensive, this one is very affordable allowing anyone to try it out in their home. It is even cheaper than its predecessors making it a great choice for anyone wanting to experience this new type of lifestyle.
Cons to Consider
- The robotic mop only cleans about 200 square feet during each cleaning cycle. This is quite a bit less than other models which makes it less efficient and more time consuming to get your hard surface floors clean.
- The cost for the replacement cloths can start to add up. You also need to have the different pads for each cleaning mode you want to have your robot use. Although, you do have the option to buy washable, reusable microfiber cloths which can really help with this added cost, as well as helping the environment.
- The biggest con for us is the fact that the Jet cannot detect which areas are dirtiest and focus on them. This is a feature that we like on the Roombas because it makes sure that your entire floor gets evenly clean. We hope that they add this feature to future models in the Braava series.
Our Final Verdict
Although the Braava Jet 240 has a few cons that we think can be improved upon. We think it’s a great new addition to the iRobot family of robotic devices. The new enhancements they have made on it make it worth a look. It gives you more options than any of the other robots. Also, you can’t beat the price point on it. It is one of the most affordable that the brand has for you. If you have been putting off getting a robotic mop because of the cost, you know longer have to worry about that. This is a great way for you to see if a cleaning robot gives you the hands off, hassle free cleaning experience you are wanting.