iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mop Review
iRobot Braava 380t Floor Mop Review
The Braava 380t floor mopping robot is one of the latest releases from iRobot. While the company is known for the popular Roomba vacuums they are slowly expanding into other robotic floor cleaning systems. The Braava 380t is one of the higher end models of their floor mopping devices.
This is a great product if you want to end the tedious chore of mopping your floors once and for all. However, it is important to note that this device is different from the Roomba vacuums and does not replace those products. If you already own a Roomba you may still find yourself wanting this new mopping robot.
NOTE: You may have arrived on this page already wanting to purchase the iRobot Braava 380t Robot. If this is the case, please click here or the link below and you will be taken straight through to Amazon.com to purchase it.
If you are wanting more information before deciding if this device is the right one for you than you are in the correct place. Let’s go ahead and take a closer look…
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Braava 380t.
- 1 Main Features of the Braava 380t
- 2 Highlights of the Braava 380t
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Braava 380t
- Northstar Navigation works like an indoor GPS to clean until the job is done
- Choose from two modes dry sweeping or damp mopping
- Use with disposable or microfiber cleaning cloths to pick up daily dirt, dust and hair
- Turbo Charge Cradle recharges Braava in just two hours
- Reusable microfiber cleaning cloths included one dry sweeping cloth and one damp mopping cloth
- A hassle-free cleaning option, Braava uses dry or damp cloths to mop hard-surface floors for you, keeping dust, daily dirt and smudges under control automatically
- Keep Daily Dirt In Check. Dry Mop Mode and Damp Mop Mode
- Braava will clean your floors for you without disrupting your daily activity or sleep.
- Braava uses either dry or damp disposable cleaning cloths, including Swiffer brand or Braavas specially designed microfiber cloths. These microfiber cloths can be reused hundreds of times
- Braava 380t charges in just two hours with the Turbo Charge Cradle.
Highlights of the Braava 380t
If you remember the Mint Vacuums you will probably notice how much the Braava series of vacuums look like them. This could be due to the fact that iRobot acquired the Mint brand so they may be using the style and technology to branch out into these new devices in the robotic line. However, iRobot has definitely added their own touch to these robots so you will not be disappointed with your purchase.
The first thing we notices about the Braava 380t is how they seemed to be made for hardwood and tile floors. While the Roomba vacuums do a great job on both carpet and hard floors, the Braava does an even better job than they do when it comes to getting that shine you are wanting at the end.
We love that you can use the Braava in both a Dry Mop and Damp Mop Mode depending on your needs at the time. The Dry Mode gives your floor a good dusting, although do not expect the same results you would get from our Roomba vacuum. This is more of a dusting, rather than a thorough vacuuming as it is not good at cleaning up large debris. Think of it more as a dusting, rather than a full sweeping job. The Damp Mode is where the Braava truly shines as it gives you a very good automatic mopping job.
We do love the fact that iRobot integrated in the Multiple Pass Technology into the Braava series. This is a feature we absolutely love about the Roomba vacuums and are excited that the Braava models with do the same. This is where the Braava will make multiple passes over the same area in order to ensure that even the dirtiest spots get a thorough clean.
You will love how easy to use iRobot has made their new Braava 380t Floor Mop. They even have it use replaceable cloths so that you can just toss them in the wash after you use them and don’t have to spend your time manually cleaning the robot. There are two different microfiber cloths depending on which mode you are using it in. You can easily put on the dry cloth for a quick sweeping/dusting round and then replace it with the damp cloth for the thorough cleaning job you want. Just as with the popular Roombas this mop is a set it and forget it device.
Another thing that the Braava series has adopted is the Smart Mapping Technology that iRobot has installed in all of their devices. The Braava 380t mop has sensors on it that allows it to avoid obstacles such as carpets and stairs that may cause them to get stuck or damaged. While we think the technology can be improved upon it is still better than many other robots we have tested.
The Braava is built to get into tight places to clean such as under low furniture and into the corners of the room. It seems that each new generation gets better than the last and the 380t is no different.
One of the best features that we discovered on the Braava 380t mop is how quiet it is while cleaning. Unlike many of the Roomba vacuums on the market, the mop won’t disturb your life when it cleans. It makes a low hum while doing it’s just. While it isn’t silent, it is much better than most of the competition out there.
Unlike, some of the robotic vacuums out there, this floor mop sells at a great price. While it will not replace a vacuum and cannot be used for floors with carpet, if you have hardwood or tile floors and hate manually mopping you will want to get yourself this robot. It is more efficient than a hand mop and surprisingly affordable.
As with the other robotic vacuum and mops available, the Braava 380t has many pros and cons that you should consider before buying it. We will discuss both of these below so that you can make a better decision when it comes to choosing which device is the best one for you.
Pros to Consider
- The Braava 380 Floor Mop is simple to use. All you have to do is attach the cleaning cloth you would like to use and touch a button and your little robot will start its job.
- It can charge in just two hours with the “turbo charge” feature and be ready to use again.
- The mop will clean your hard surface floors without disrupting your life, or more importantly, you sleep because it is so quiet while cleaning.
- You can re-use the microfiber cloths by tossing them in the wash or you can simply toss them out and replace them after each use depending on your preference. You can even buy the Swiffer brand cloths for added convenience.
- The Northstar Navigation system works like an indoor GPS system to allow Braava to get its bearings and map out the room while it cleans. While the Braava 380 does still sometimes get stuck, it is not nearly as much as other models.
- The dual mode allows you to get a simple dusting job done and a more thorough mopping when you need it. The robot even has a pro-clean system on it that will dispense liquid throughout the cleaning to make sure that the cloth stays damp during the whole cycle.
Cons to Consider
- While the Braava 380t is a great floor mop to use there isn’t a whole lot of new technology added to it from the previous models. We were hoping for something new and exciting features that we were missing out on before.
- Unlike the new Roomba models, this mop does not automatically return to its docking station to recharge.
- Its battery life is not as long as we would like it to be. It usually needs to be run multiple times to fully clean a room.
- It is not programmable so you cannot schedule it ahead of time like you can some of the robotic vacuum models. Hopefully, this will be added to later models in the Braava series.
- While this does a good job mopping the floors, don’t expect the deep clean that you get from your Roomba vacuums. It will not scrub the floors so if they are really dirty than you will still need to manually clean them every now and then.
Our Final Verdict
If you are looking for a robot that will give you a good mopping on your hard surfaced floors then this is a good option for you. However, if you are expecting to never have to manually touch your floors again you will be disappointed by this mop. If you want a robotic mop that will scrub your floors we suggest you check out the iRobot Scooba 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot. It will give you a deeper clean than the Braava series can. However, it will come at a higher price so you need to decide what you really need and how much you are looking to spend on your robot mop.
Through are research and testing we have come to the conclusion that if you want a mop that can clean a fairly large area you will want the Braava 380t. However, if you have a small home or only need to clean a small room at a time then you might want to consider getting the Braava 320 instead. It has most of the features that this model does and is a lower price point.