iRobot Braava 320 Floor Mopping Robot Review
iRobot Braava 320 Floor Mopping Robot Review
Hate mopping your floors? So do we! Which is why we are excited about the iRobot Braava 320. This product won’t completely erase having to mop your floors, but will really cut down on the work you need to do manually. This floor mop is easy to program and use. It will make sure that you get a uniformly clean floor so you won’t be left with dirty areas at the end.
We all want and easy and convenient way to get our floors clean. This mop is one of the best on the market and is more affordable then its competition. Many robotic floor mops will cost you more than $500 to own, this is a great choice if you are on a budget but still want an effective automatic mop.
NOTE: You may just want to buy the Braava 320 right now. If so, you can click here or the link below to purchase it from Amazon.com.
However, if you would like more information before deciding than you are in the right place. Let’s take a closer look at what all this compact floor mop can offer you.
In this review, we are going to take a look at the main features and highlights, the pros and cons you should consider, the customer reviews, and our final verdict of the Braava 320.
- 1 Main Features of the Braava 320
- 2 Highlights of the Braava 320
- 3 Pros to Consider
- 4 Cons to Consider
- 5 Our Final Verdict
Main Features of the Braava 320
- Compact robot floor cleaner runs up to 3 hours on a single charge using microfiber cloths or most brands of disposable cloths
- Guided by North Star Navigation System to methodically clean open areas, around furniture and rugs, and along a room perimeter
- Whisper-quiet operation; turns itself off when finished
- Low maintenance with no bins to empty or filters to change
- Cleans all hard wood surfaces including vinyl, hardwood, tile and laminate
Highlights of the Braava 320
The Braava 320 floor mop has two cleaning modes for you to choose use depending on your need for each cleaning cycle. The first is the dry mop mode which acts more like a sweeper or duster to clean up the dirt and debris on the floor. The second mode is the wet mop mode which acts more like a mop would. When in the dry mode the robot moves in straight lines to pick up the dirt. In the wet mode the device will move in a side to side motion like we do when we manually mop the floor to clean up any spills or stains on the floor.
The Northstar Navigation System that the robot uses is a GPS type system. The robot will use this system to navigate and map out the room in order to avoid any obstacles that it may come across while cleaning. The robotic floor mop does bump into the walls and furniture while it is mapping out its path. However, it does come with padded edges to help protect your belongings from any damage from it. This saves you the hassle of having to remove or move them before starting the mop.
As with the other robotic vacuum and mops available, the Braava 320 has many pros and cons that you should consider before buying it. We will discuss both of these below so that you can make a better decision when it comes to choosing which device is the best one for you.
Pros to Consider
- The Braava 320 has a square shape instead of the round shape found on other robots which allow it to cover more range when cleaning. It is able to get into the hard places such as corners that the other robots can’t get to. In the end it cleans the floorboards and corners better than other models.
- The floor mop is safe to use on all types of hard surface flooring. It only does a light cleaning so it will not damage your floors while it gets the job done. This is a major complaint we hear about some of the other models.
- This robotic mop is simple to use. The cleaning cloths are easy to attach to the device and you can start your robot with a simple push of a button. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
- The robot’s sensors keep it from getting stuck or damaged by any obstacles that it may happen upon such as carpets or stairs.
- Because of the compact size of the robot it can easily clean under low furniture which is difficult to get to when you use a manual mop. This allows you to get your whole room clean and ready to enjoy.
- The Braava 320 is extremely quiet. This allows you to get your home clean while you are enjoying your time at home or even sleeping. This is a complaint we often hear about other models is that they are too loud to use while at home.
- This model does have a long battery life, up to 3 hours on a single charge. Something that the competition does not offer you.
- The Braava 320 has no bin to empty and no filters to replace, making it one of the easiest robots to maintain.
Cons to Consider
- The Braava 320 requires you to use disposable or reusable cleaning cloths. While this is great because it keeps you from having to manually clean the robot, it is a hassle because they can be difficult to find. You will probably end up having to order them online which take a few days to receive. They are also more expensive than the cloths used by some other products. However, overall the Braava 320 is still a better investment than your other options out there.
- If you have hard surfaced stairs you will have to manually clean them because there is no way to use your robot to do the work for you. However, we have not heard many complaints about this fact, but it should still be mentioned.
- The control panel has quite a few buttons on it. While this is nice because it gives you more features and options it can be intimidating for many users when first using the robot. They do include a very detailed user manual to help you get started, but it is not an easy to use as some other models.
- The robot allows you to use a pro-cleaning solution to get an even cleaner floor. However, you have to use their specific solution which can be hard to find and purchase.
Our Final Verdict
iRobot is the most popular robotic vacuum and mop on the market for a reason. They offer you a high quality product with great customer service. The Braava 320 Floor Mop is no different. The product is not only high quality, but also offers you a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty for additional peace of mind.
This mop is a great choice for busy people who don’t have time to keep their floors clean and maintained. It is great for low traffic areas and can be used in high traffic areas in your house to keep them maintained in between your normal mopping routine.
If you are looking for a mopping robot to help you maintain your floors this is a great choice. You get a lot of value for your money. However, you are looking to get a robotic mop that will do a deep cleaning and scrubbing of your floors you will be better off getting a scrubbing mop such as the Scooba 450 model. Overall, we think this mop is one of the best values you can get.